Friday, November 05, 2004

Home sweet home...

I really love living in Canada.... I'm currently listening to Czech music on CBC. What a Canadian creation the CBC is..... Socialist in concept, yet so entirely anti-authoritarian. It's a station based around both compromise and aggressiveness. Who else would let David Suzuki and Rick Mercer have free platforms to speak? (I don't agree with either of those two all the time, but they both make for fascinating viewing) Who else would put out Zed? Who else would put out CBC radio on OGG Vobis stream, just to make sure that the Linux community could listen to it, without having to jump through hoops?

Now, I know it has its problems, its stupidities, and puts out a great deal of crap. But it's still one of the best signs that those ideas I hold dear are not yet dead... that maybe creativity and innovation still have a place in our world.

No comments: