Friday, November 26, 2004

Aaaaannnnnndddd FIGHT!!!

Okay, in honour of Bee's most recent post, I am starting my own string of competitions. Only here, we're having a hip-off. That's right, all you gen-x hipsters (well, actually, virtually none of us, with the possible exception of Caitlin, can claim this, but I don't care), we get to decide forever after what true hipness is.

1st match: Smokers vs. Coffee drinkers. Frankly, you all know where I stand on this, so we'll just count my vote for smoking (hehe). But the rest of you, who's more hip, cancer-pals or jitter-bugs?

2nd match: Ipods vs Espresso machines. Which tech-gadget is more essential for the up-and-coming hipster? I'm voting slightly towards espresso, simply because it can make normal coffees as well.

3rd match: Che Guvera t-shirts vs. ironic-but-slightly-amusing slogan t-shirts. I love PR for communism, but hey, hard to beat a good psuedopithy comment....

4th match: Organic vs. Fair Trade. And no, you can't choose both. For the sake of argument, all fair trade farmers bathe in DDT and eat red-wood sandwiches, and all organic farmers use imported Guatemalan midget slave labour. Me, I go fair trade, just because DDT adds zest to any meal.

1 comment:

The Venomous Bee said...

Coffee coffeecoffeecoffee mmmmm.... argh!

Eric and I are making wine. Teehee.