Sunday, March 05, 2006

All around my hat

(note: title has nothing to do with post. However, I've been commanded to make the next 5 titles Steeleye Span titles, so here we go.)

Amazing weekend. Many things learned about paleoentology (and why non-dinosaur vertebrates are dull. Hooray for Arthropods!)

Best thing: appearently walruses have been known to suck out seal brains straight through the skull.

Unfortunately, no time for kilt shopping was found, so my cross-dressing will have to wait. All that was purchased was a bottle of red rum, which lead to many, many jokes (well, actually, one joke, repeated a great deal).

3 comments:

Kelly Pedersen said...

Oh, c'mon. All non-dinosaur vertebrates are boring? What about Megatherium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megatherium)
? I mean, giant, possibly omnivorous ground sloths? That's pretty cool, Eric.

For the title of the post, you could have used "False Knight On the Road". Oh, and be warned. If you used "All Things Are Quite Silent", and then post nothing, your next post will have to be "Bede's Death Song".

The Venomous Bee said...

Who commanded you ... because it sounds like something I would do.

All around my hat is, in fact traditional ... they virtually played it entirely as it was written down by Cecil Sharpe in the early 20th century. I command you to name your posts after songs that have at least some original content. And they have to have something to do with maidenheads.

I will wear a green willow for a twelvemonth and a day.

Eric Pedersen said...

Well, Kelly posited the original command, but I'll try and follow up with the original maiden-head things. Boy is that not a thing I want to google....