Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Awake, Awake

HASH(0x8cb5840)
Article 2. Oh, the grog. The jolly, jolly grog.

That's how it starts out, but before you know

it you're vomiting on the deck, calling the

Captain a whoreson and you've got a cat o'

nine tails on your back.

"All flag officers, and all persons in or

belonging to His Majesty's ships or vessels

of war, being guilty of profane oaths,

cursings, execrations, drunkenness,

uncleanness, or other scandalous actions, in

derogation of God's honour, and corruption of

good manners, shall incur such punishment as

a court martial shall think fit to impose,

and as the nature and degree of their offence

shall deserve."


Why would you be executed in Nelson's Navy?
brought to you by Quizilla





Huh. I specifically say that I'd destroy the Earth by crashing it into another planet, and I'd be executed for drinking? The Navy was a great deal harder on alcoholics than Hollywood has indicated....

:) Great job, Swambo, Cait and Swambo & Cait's mom. An excellent quiz, not earning points for planet-smashing aside.

1 comment:

Kelly Pedersen said...

I concur with the quiz's awesomeness. Apparently, I would be executed in Nelson's Navy for being a god-damned whiner. Which sucks. Everyone picks on me, and when I raise my perfectly valid concerns to the captain, I get flogged. Whaaaa!