A small rant:
When someone talks about the ecosystem solving problems, or damage to Nature, they often get accused of anthropomorphizing and new-agey simple-mindedness. However, the same people who do the accusing are usually perfectly comfortable saying: "the free market will solve that if given the chance" or "government intervention hurts the free market" and fail to see any irony in this at all.
Saturday, March 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Heh. Damn true. I must remember this.
For your next post, might I suggest "Three Drunken Maidens"?
Earth first! We'll strip mine the rest of the planets later! Personally I think we should change the currency of Earth to fights to the death. Every time you want to buy something you have to fight the cashier to the death; if you win you get the item and the store advertises for more employees, if you lose well then you are dead and who really cares. This shall be the beginning of true Social Darwinism. (I still like Social Lamarckism, where we don't let war amps breed in the normal population) That or every time you want a new job, you have to fight the guy currently holding that job, now I know everybody is thinking that would just end up with us having the biggest dumbest people in power, but you are wrong (oh how very wrong) see you would have to fight in the environment that the job relates to and then you could use your big brain to figure out ways of killing by being smarter. ie: say you were a herpetologist you could use the most poisonous snake in the pit (cause all herpetologist work in pits, that is the natural home of snakes) to kill your former master (cause if Star Wars has taught me anything it is that killing your master is the best thing anybody could do, I mean what’s he going to do come back and haunt you?) Well I do believe I have rambled on enough, and hopefully offended at lest some people (and if I didn't just pretent I said something bad about the arts, religion or eugenetics), and confused the others.
-Tj
Fairport Convention did Tam Lin too ... it's not original. Nyah!
You know, you're missing the obvious ones ... Coal Black Smith ... Awake, Awake ... That one about each lad taking his lass all on the green grass ...
The last one is Rosebud in June.
Honestly, though, the "original content" clause is pretty restrictive. I mean, they did some very good original stuff, but the arrangements of traditional ones vastly outnumber them. In any case, doesn't arranging them to different intruments and tempo count as semi-original?
Post a Comment