Saturday, March 25, 2006

Found it!

Well, for any other National Film Board fans out there, I give you:
The Logdriver's Waltz!

It's on google video, and kind of low quality, but still, always a fun piece.

Also, if anyone could point me to a place where I could find the full version of "The Treasure of the Grotoceans" I'd be much obliged.

6 comments:

The Maverick Serf said...

You are officially my new hero. I have spent hours looking for that video online (the only one I could find you had to buy from the NFB)...

Wait... now what will I do to procrastinate?

But still, my new hero, thank you sir.

Eric Pedersen said...

:) Glad to oblige all. It made my day as well.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I have it on my computer, but it's good to see Google videos. Cheers, Eric.

Brennan said...

Yay! I found your blog at long last! I mean, again! And, wohoo, log driver! That was one of my favourite videos as a kid. One thing I noticed from that cartoon is that it actually portrayed how hard it is to be a man rolling on a log. The realism is scary...but, given that it's a Canadian cartoon, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised on that account.

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric, you haven't stumbled across a paper on Ostrich and like birds using their wings to help them turn sharply have you? I know they do it cause I've seen video, but I just can't seem to find a paper talking about it. Don't you hate when something is so common place that nobody writes about it, how are you to cite common knowledge when it isn't common to everybody.
-Tj

Eric Pedersen said...

I haven't run across any papers about it. I tried google scholar, but nothing turned up. I remember hearing about this myself earlier, and wasn't able to find anything then either. Sorry about that.