Because you whined for it: a response! Mind you, I have nothing to add to the subject of the post, so I'll just say thanks for referring to me as a "genius" in the link to my blog (I just noticed it now. That's kind of sad. Unless you've had it up for only an hour or two or something...), although I suspect it's undeserved. The appelation, not the thanks, I mean.
I been running jumping standing still I've been running around like Buffalo Bill Climbing a hill like Jack and Jill, Been doing it all of my own free will.
I've been trying to talk to a love machine With a jumping bean for a go-between Looking for a girl I've never seen When I asked her where in the world she's been
I was a crawl in the wall And the room was too small [Unintelligble line] I jumped straight through the hole in the wall And since that day I've been having a ball.
I got a movie star for a housepet I'm a major threat to the jet-set Catch thousand dollar bills in a butterfly net Oh yes, and no regrets
I was just a boy at the age of three I fell out of my family tree I lost the key to life's mystery And the rest of my life has been a [unintelligible] to me
I've been running around from town to town I'm nowhere bound on a merry-go-round And chasing my tail like a rabbit-hound I keep clowning around until they lay me down
I been running jumping standing still I've been running around like Buffalo Bill One of these days I'm gonna get killed But not before I've had my fill
Oh, a man of the world once said to me "Well, you're floating around like a leaf in the breeze" Yes sir, that's true, I do agree And that's the way I would like it to be
Well, that's it. I couldn't quite make out all the lines (obviously), but I think I got most of it right. Hope that helps.
As for the post, I'm not sure what to make of the Khan thing, since I don't even remember which ST movie it was from. (I'm going to assume Wrath of Khan, but y'know) Anyways, uh, interesting to watch 'the man' do that over and over again.
The Big Deal(TM) Corporation would like to inform this "Kelly" that his use of our trade-mark in the context of this infringing. We recommend he cease and desist such usage, unless he wishes us to send some of our "friends" over to make a Big Deal(TM) of his legs, if you get our drift.
9 comments:
Because you whined for it: a response! Mind you, I have nothing to add to the subject of the post, so I'll just say thanks for referring to me as a "genius" in the link to my blog (I just noticed it now. That's kind of sad. Unless you've had it up for only an hour or two or something...), although I suspect it's undeserved. The appelation, not the thanks, I mean.
Hey all you music nerds! Can anybody tell me the words to Running, Jumping, Standing Still by Spider John Koerner?
-Tj
I been running jumping standing still
I've been running around like Buffalo Bill
Climbing a hill like Jack and Jill,
Been doing it all of my own free will.
I've been trying to talk to a love machine
With a jumping bean for a go-between
Looking for a girl I've never seen
When I asked her where in the world she's been
I was a crawl in the wall
And the room was too small
[Unintelligble line]
I jumped straight through the hole in the wall
And since that day I've been having a ball.
I got a movie star for a housepet
I'm a major threat to the jet-set
Catch thousand dollar bills in a butterfly net
Oh yes, and no regrets
I was just a boy at the age of three
I fell out of my family tree
I lost the key to life's mystery
And the rest of my life has been a [unintelligible] to me
I've been running around from town to town
I'm nowhere bound on a merry-go-round
And chasing my tail like a rabbit-hound
I keep clowning around until they lay me down
I been running jumping standing still
I've been running around like Buffalo Bill
One of these days I'm gonna get killed
But not before I've had my fill
Oh, a man of the world once said to me
"Well, you're floating around like a leaf in the breeze"
Yes sir, that's true, I do agree
And that's the way I would like it to be
Well, that's it. I couldn't quite make out all the lines (obviously), but I think I got most of it right. Hope that helps.
That was impressive with the music.
As for the post, I'm not sure what to make of the Khan thing, since I don't even remember which ST movie it was from. (I'm going to assume Wrath of Khan, but y'know) Anyways, uh, interesting to watch 'the man' do that over and over again.
Eh, I've got nothing much to do of an afternoon, and Winamp. Transcribing lyrics is not a Big Deal(TM).
The Big Deal(TM) Corporation would like to inform this "Kelly" that his use of our trade-mark in the context of this infringing. We recommend he cease and desist such usage, unless he wishes us to send some of our "friends" over to make a Big Deal(TM) of his legs, if you get our drift.
Are the "friends" named Guido and Vinnie? And is Fingers coming along too? I've always wanted to meet them...
Eric, you rock.
Wrath of Khan is still my favourite Star Trek film, though
Post a Comment