Wednesday, January 19, 2005

You must see this...

Sometimes, something comes along, so breathtaking, so striking, that it changes everything you thought you knew about beauty. I think Broken Saints has that spark to it.

Don't check this out if you don't have a good connection or a great deal of time. However, if you do, then I'd say this is a must see. It's set up as an animated comic book: text dialog, along with fixed pictures, played using Flash, with a bit of animation and a beautiful background score. This alone would have made it interesting, just because it hasn't been done before. However, it's the writing that got me. I've only watched the opening 18 minute chapter, and already, I'm hooked. Elements of mythology, religion, and technology weave their way through different locales, using only the bare minimum of explanation, letting the art do the talking.

Okay, I could rave about this comic (movie? What would you call this?) for a lot longer, but frankly, checking it out for yourself is worth so much more. So, stop reading now, and follow the damn link! Krull commands it!

Here's hoping the rest of the work (12 hours of it... wow) keeps up with what I've seen so far....

1 comment:

Kelly Pedersen said...

Damn you, TJ! I didn't need to find out about Gone and Forgotten at 1:30 in the morning, when I should be going to bed!