Saturday, January 29, 2005

Top 10 (ish) random things that I wish to ramble about (because it just wouldn't be a blog without a top 10 list)

1. Sporks. What the hell? Why design something that is useful as neither a fork or a spoon? It's like redesigning a pencil, so that the eraser and the tip are on the same damned end!

2. Goats.com: really people. Read this. It's just plain funny

3. Cherubim (note: not Cherubs, dammit! People need to learn how to pluralize Hebrew)
How do you go from Winged beasts,



To cute babies with wings:



I mean, honestly, can you see these little guys bearing flaming swords, to guard the way to the Tree of Life? (Gen 3:24)
(and don't even get me started on unicorns. What a waste of a fertility symbol)

4. Spirit of the West is fun. It's like what would happen if Great Big Sea, The Fables, and Crash Test Dummies were able to transform into a giant robot-mega-band, with laser eyes.

5. There is a set of words in any language that is inherently funny, no matter the context. In English, some of these are kumquat, and Lemur (note: if you don't think these are funny, then you are wrong, because this is science). I plan to discover all the words, and string them together in one big joke. Now, there are some theories that state that if I did this, it would end the universe, but hey, that's a risk I'm willing to take to be popular at cocktail parties.

6. Rabbits are Logamorphs, not rodents. Neat, huh? Personally, I think that they just pretend to be Logamorphs to get better rates at the cinema.

7. Women in ball caps are hot. Don't know why.

8. Robert A. Heinlein was a decent author. Those people who think that he hung the moon and wrote fucking Shakespeare, however, are dough-heads.

9. Noam Chomsky is the most boring fucking speaker of all time.

10. SPOOOOOONNNNN!!!!

11. I just can't imagine using dating tips written by people with this little grasp on the English language. I'm sure that they have amazing insights to share (okay, where do they hide the go-ram "sarcasm" tags in html?!) but I'm still going to give these a pass.

Well, that seems sensibly senseless. Stay tuned for the News @ 6. (It's Post-Modern news: You make it up yourself! And yes, I know that was grossly unfair to post-modernism, and I'm sorry, so please don't beat me to death with cupcakes.)

No comments: