Thursday, January 27, 2005

A few things

Well, I'm killing time, trying to avoid studying for botany, so I thought I'd put out another set of incoherent musings.

Point the First: I'm starting to think that onion wine may have been a bad idea. Now, I can here the collective shout of "DUH!" going up, but I still think it was worth a shot. However, I'm starting to understand how Hercules felt when he first smelt the Augean Stables... No sane person should be obligated to smell yeasty onion. I'm still holding out hope for this one, but if it hasn't improved at second racking, well, my wine Padawan and I shall have to make a decision whether or not to kill our baby.

Point the Second: Colds really suck, especially the kind that leaves you shivering on the floor for several hours. I don't get sick too often, but when I do, I'm usually hit pretty hard. I think after a certain point, my immune system's union decides that it needs more hazard pay, and goes on strike.

Point the Third: Soul Coughing is amazing. I re-realize that every time I plug their "Best of" album in. The only problem is, it makes some of the worst background music ever. Every time I listen to them, I have to turn all the lights off, and just listen. (Also makes damned fine night-driving music.)

Point the Fourth: This is amazing. It's a pseudo-webcomic, and highly enjoyable. The archives are small, but from what I've seen, this is going to be on my "check all the time" list. It's got a wonderful, minimalist style, and amazing photography. I just love it.

Well, and back to studying... yay.

No comments: