Okay, here's an idea for everyone on here who enjoys telling stories (and I'm going to take a leap here in saying: all of you. Don't try to deny it TJ, because I've heard you tell them. You wouldn't be in paleontology if you didn't.)
I just read this story over on cbc.ca. In short, the guy is asking: can anyone write a story in Star Trek (read, SF in general) style to convince people that space exploration, even if only to find fossils of other lifeforms, is worthwhile and exciting.
So, I put it to you, oh creative and brilliant readers, what would be a good story idea? What could you do to make this idea exciting, while keeping the science real, and avoiding stupid Hollywood premises like "secret alien artifacts found on mars!!"? I'm tossing around a couple vague ideas, but I'm curious to see what other plot concepts you guys can come up with.
So, any thoughts?
Sunday, January 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment