Right now, I'm feeling kind of flabbergasted.
I went over to Ryan and Sam's place last night. These two are good friends of mine; Ryan and Kelly were best friends throughout High School, we game together every weekend, I was even their MC at their wedding (and an usher, and the DJ, and catering... But I digress). Now, they've decided to have a kid, sometime next fall. For me, this is great, because it means I get to babysit. I love kids, and frankly, my odds of having one of my own any time soon seem remote. So we were discussing the upcoming child, and Sam just happens to mention an interesting fact: apparently, if they have a boy, there's a good chance they'll name him after me.
This... well, this has me knocked out. I honestly don't know how to feel. I never expected this one in a million years. It's flattering, and somewhat frightening. Well, and just plain cool. The idea of a little namesake running around is very enjoyable.
Truth be told, this does more to boost my spirits then just about anything I could imagine. :) I'm looking forward to this kid almost as much as they are...
Wednesday, February 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's awesome!
I guess this means your REALLY grown up now -- not only do you have friends that are married, but they're naming kids after you. If anyone ever wants to name a kid after me, I'm going to insist that they call it Venomous. Much better than my actual name.
But seriously, that's great. Congratulations.
By the way -- who is the photo in your profile of?
That's Nicola Tesla. Basically the template for all mad scientists. He basically invented modern electronics: AC power, the radio, half the circuits used, radio-controlled power, and a hundred other neat things. He's one of my scientific heroes.
Hah! They _planned_ it that way! This is so you'll give free babysitting, and probably presents! Also, they're trying to drive a wedge between us, as I am currently consumed with jealousy about your theft-worthy name.
Also, re: Tesla. Don't forget that he was fruitier than a nutcake. Seriously. He put both the "Mad" _and_ the "Scientist" into Mad Scientist. Pity he wasn't quite polymathic enough to claim he did SCIENCE!!
Post a Comment