I'm going through a quandary right now: what to do next year. Right now, a large part of me is saying: "move to Edmonton!". They have an amazingly interesting-looking evolutionary biology program, whereas we have, well, just Honours Biology. And well, I'm getting itchy feet again. I don't know if moving to E-town would help, but I can't see how it would hurt. Right now, I feel like I have no place here: except for Kelly, Ryan and Sam, and a couple other people, I feel like an outsider. I really don't know what to do: I don't really want to try and restart my life in a different town, but I'm lost here right now.
so, advice? comments? a swift kick upside the head for being overly whiny again?
Saturday, February 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i just came across your post in a search for the movie Steamboy in Edmonton hehe. and i couldn't agree with you more. Move to Edmonton!
not that i'm partial because i live here or anything. ;D
but there is a great cultural aspect to edmonton with everything from Whyte Ave (like a Young Street but not as long hehe) full of artsy fartsy stores, bars, and tattoo parlors to the museums and such. lots of educational opportunities with the colleges, NAIT, and university. lots of festivals for things to do. of course a mall to shop in if you into that (don't ask me, i'm a chick and thats a plus right there).
the renting is fairly cheap, definitely cheaper than calgary. buying houses is good this year, but the prices are going up so i'd buy sooner rather than later if you into that option.
tons of clubs, concerts, and pubs for those nights out, book and computer stores for the geek in you, um.. not sure what you are into but i'm sure we've got it.
i have a friend who is about 80% convinced to move here from the States, so she must be finding something worth that big of a move for!
hope that helps a bit! and sorry you don't know me from a hole in the wall, but have to wave the lil city flag. ;D
Post a Comment