Saturday, February 12, 2005

Happy Darwin Day!

A merry Darwin Day to one and all! (or a joyful Darmas, as they refer to it at the U of A)

This day, 195 years ago, one of the greatest and most influential people who ever lived was born. So hug your local paleontologist, and toast your neighborhood population geneticist with cheer. Through Darwin's eyes, we see how we connect with the world, and with each other. By the power of his theories, we understand our place in the world, as a small piece of the whole. It is only through looking with clear eyes at where we come from that we can truly understand where we should go.

1 comment:

Eric Pedersen said...

:) nope, that other one was Origins Day. It's the one I want as an actual holiday other people celebrate. Darwin Day was D's birthday. A lot of folk have celebrations on this day, but I just like to make it a private day to remind myself why I'm in biology.