Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Brunching Shuttlecocks is my I-Ching. Every time I wander through, I find new things to ponder. Today's bit of wisdom:

"Mercury

The cruelest metal. With its hypnotic liquidity, it begs you to run it over your hand, see if flow across your skin. And of course, if you do, you end up in the moron ward of your local hospital. It's as if God, having finished the whole Forbidden Fruit of Knowledge affair, turned to the transition metals for more work in the same motif. C+"

Also, new RPG idea: The Age of Chaos. D20 modern setting, basically what happens if you mix Principia Discordia/Illuminatus with Call of Cthulhu. Imagine a war between the crazy and the
Mad, for control (or in the Discordian's case, non-control) of the world, and the multiverse. Probably fairly lowish powered, except behind the scenes, but a lot of weird. Basic premise: The Beyond, a mind(?) of vast power, seeks to lock everything into mad perfection. The only people able to resist Its lures are those who gave up on rationality entirely. Norms who try to fight it almost inevitably get driven to the brink, but Weirds (ie Discordians, the Fae,the Church of the Subgenius, etc) can roll with its punches. Now the problem is organizing them....

So thoughts? If anyone likes the idea, I can start writing up some stuff for it. I'll probably start a blog for it, with anyone wanting to contribute signifigantly as a co-author.

No comments: