Here's my list of must-see movies for this year:
Tideland and The Brothers Grimm: Both Terry Gilliam films, both very different looking, but fascinating.
MirrorMask: By Neil Gaiman. Very twisted, extremely interesting visually.
Steamboy: An steampunk anime about a boy and his jetpack. What more could a person possibly ask for?
Serenity: Firefly: the movie. I just don't see how I can justify missing this, ever.
Hitchhiker's Guide: Well duh. This is the ultimate geek-treat (sorry, Lucas, but this one tops you by a considerable margin.)
Stars Wars: Episode 3: That last comment aside, I still really want to see this. Call me an optimist, but I'm going to go to this one. I'm just hoping Lucas rewards my faith.
I also need to find this film: It looks like either a great film for bad movie night, or a transcendent look into the minds of one of the greatest geniuses of the last century. Or both.
Well, that's all ones I can think of. If anyone can point my way to other interesting-looking films, please oblige.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well, that last movie, even if it is a masterpiece, will be tricky to understand, given that it's in Serbo-Croatian...
Pah! I laugh at your silly language barrier! I'll just make up the dialog as I go. Far more amusing.
(a side thought: In addition to dubbing and subbing of foreign films, there should be an interpretive dance option. I want to see "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" done in go-ram pantomine!
Better still! We'll babble-fish the words, then use Microsoft Sam to dub them back into the film. Hell, we could go to Sundance with this....
Also: I'm backing my optimism up with a contract on Lucas' life in the eventuality that I dislike the movie. I figure a good fire-bombing of the Skywalker Ranch will sait my dissapointed optimism. (note: this solution also works for Mark. Hell, firebombing Mark would give him a hell of an improved special effects level....)
Freakin' finally I can post... Your blog wouldn't let me, damn it!
Anyway, I just wanted to point out that just killing Lucas would be silly. What we need to do is kidnap him, and replace his mind with a braintape of Timothy Zahn. I think we all see the benefit of that, since Zahn has been making better Star Wars than Lucas has for years.
Post a Comment