Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I don't want to be Elfstar anymore...



I want to be: A Rodeo Clown!!!

6 comments:

Eric Pedersen said...

I have to say, that's one of the cooler gaming systems I've seen in a while. Now, mind you, I'd almost prefer a Cadillacs and Dinosaurs rpg, but that one looks plenty playable. I'll keep my eye out for it.

Also: picked up a new SF book you might be interested in reading at some point. It's called Eastern Standard Tribe. The world is one where communications have connected people to the extent that all social groupings have broken down, save giant tribes, based on the time zone your in (people still have to sleep at different times, so it leads to social organization around that).
I haven't finished it yet, but it seems cool so far.

Kelly Pedersen said...

If you're not going to be Elfstar any more, can I be Elfstar for a while? (incidently, all indications are that Jack Chick has never been within 1000 feet of a roleplaying session, book, or player, for fear of Scary Devil Wave Energies. So how the hell did he come up with such a perfect RPG name? I mean, "Elfstar"? God, it's exactly what some 15 year old would name his character.

Eric Pedersen said...

I see a new Whitewolf product:
Werechicken-Vampyre-Dragon: The Paternity Suit. It'll be people playing the part of the step-children of matings between beings of different species from the World of Darkness, dealing with the angst of divorsed parents, weird step-siblings, and the fact that the house-pet may well be your cousin.

Also: Kelly: yes you can be Elfstar, as long as you bring it back in one piece, and you're in bed before 10.

Kelly Pedersen said...

Point of Order: it wouldn't be "The Paternity Suit", that's a simple noun. It needs to be a gerund; a noun made into a verb. So... The Paternity Testing? Yah, that works.
(whining): 10! Oh, come on! Everybody cool gets to say out to 11!

Kelly Pedersen said...

"what's a guy to do?" Well, I dunno. Do either of us have a really good sample space, honestly?

Mammal... bird... Who cares? It's got warm blood, it eats the livers of careless peasants, what's more to know?

Mixed up Mother Teresa should also include sorting out which surgery goes to which deserving beggar child. Does this one get the heart transplant or the leg amputation? Oh, the hilarity!

The Venomous Bee said...

Spam blows my cat's ass in, and where are you Eric?