Okay, the writers of Green Lantern are idiots. So there's this hero, who's given a power ring, with the power to create anything, as long as it's green. With me so far? Okay, now, after giving him this amazingly powerful tool, they realized that he was overpowered, so they gave him a weakness. Seems fair thus far, but what do think this weakness is? His fricking powers can't act on anything coloured yellow! that's right, you could beat this guy up with a bottle of dishsoap. I can just picture it now.....
People: "help help!!"
Green Lantern: "I am here! Who attacketh you?" (he really doesn't speak with a Shakespearean accent, but I just thought it was cool)
People: Its the evil menace of..... Big Bird!!!
GL: Screw this, I'm going for a beer.
How can you strike fear into the hearts of villains when half the cast of the muppet show could kick your ass? Golden age Green Lantern was even worse, because he was powerless against yellow and wood. That's correct: the cabinetry gang could kick the ass of one of the most powerful beings in existence.
Now, I'm sure they find clever ways around this in the comics, but it's still inherently stupid. Hell, if I was him, I'd just call Superman to take over crime fighting; that is, when Superman wasn't busy being turned into a giant ant.
(Ps: Caitlin and Bee: just try and out-geek this post.)
Monday, December 13, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
See, we're different kinds of geeks, Eric, so it's like comparing apples and oranges. I would never ever try to outgeek you in the realm of comic books or science fiction, but at the same time I think you are a FOOL if you think you can outgeek me in music or literature (excluding aforesaid sci fi, of course). Just mosey over to my blog and watch me try to give a Jamiroquai recommendation. And I refrained from talking about theory and everything!
Fair enough. I'd never try and match you on music or Lit (although the Beastie Boys still can't rap... :). Also, TJ: kudos. You out-comic geeked me. And the Bizzaro world was actually filled with just messed up copies of Superman and Lois Lane. They talk about it in one of the links from that kryptonite page.
bugger off with your pedestrian tastes! who doesn't like the beasties?
I don't think the fact I walk alot has any bearing on whether or not the Beastie Boys can't rap. (which they can't. The videos are hillarious, but I imagine they'd be better muted...)
Hhmmmm, Beastie Boys are the new Frank Sinatra it would seem.
Oh, aren't you clever with your punniness . . . and just for that you are not allowed at my house anymore. Now go study!
oh, speaking of my odd musical tastes: what did you think of Soul Coughing, Caitlin?
That's bizzare. What game was it? I'm listening to the song now, so I can imagine what it sounded like.... strange. And the irony is wonderful. (Ps: appearntly there's a Flash movie in the works, but it's Wally West instead of Barry Allen. Disapointing, but I suppose that DC has to try and stick somewhat to continuity in its movies.)
Post a Comment