Sunday, December 05, 2004

I have no willpower....

Man, do I enjoy bargain bins..... Managed to just about double my movie collection for less than $30 at VHQ. Originally, I just saw The Gods Must Be Crazy for 95 c.... then I saw Pushing Tin, then MST3K the movie, then Mars Attacks.... and it just went downhill from there. I think I've found something to do for the next few days until finals.

Meanwhile, in an undisclosed location... For anyone who hasn't see Found Magazine yet, it's really worth a look. It's amazing how much significance other people's trash can have. It's also great fun trying to invent stories around the items. Right now this one and this one are my favorites.

Thirdly: I wish I had $100 to spare. I had thought that all of the Captain Tractor Hoserista Box Sets had sold out, but apparently there's still some hanging around. Well, I guess I know what I'm saving up for now.

Ps: Okay, I just saw this five minutes ago, and the idea is just too awsome not to show the world: The Monty Python Musical, being made right now. This almost restores my faith in humanity.

1 comment:

Eric Pedersen said...

Okay, I posted this once already, but Blogger seems to have eaten it.

Leibnez "the other calculus guy": invented calculus cocurrently with Newton, but gets none of the cred. Hell, we still use his notation, rather than Newton's.

Pestilence, "the other horseman" Everyone knows death, famine, and war, but the fourth one, they'll always resort to "um, ah, erm, and the other one"

Katherine Pulaski, "the other doctor on STNG": she was on for like 1 season, and bored us all to tears. Hell, I should earn geek-cred for just knowing she existed.

Pippin, "the other hobbit": Didn't do a lot in the books, and the movie didn't help him out much. He's always the one I have to try and remember the name of.

Well, those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.