Thursday, February 02, 2006

Happy Holidays!

Well, I'm off to be destroyed by my zoology test, but before I head out, I'd like to wish you all a happy World Wetlands Day.

Wetlands are amazing areas of land, valuable far out of proportion to their area. This is true here on the prairies more than anywhere. Here, they act as flood control, water purifiers, habitats, bio-diversity preserves, and recreation areas.

So, remember, next time you see a wetland, be sure to thank it for doing a bang-up job. I wouldn't, however, advise trying to hug one.

Also, on a slightly related note: next Saturday, February 12th, is Darwin Day, the annual celebration of Darwin's birth. I'd like to propose a gathering at the Yard next Saturday evening. Is anyone up for?

5 comments:

Eric Pedersen said...

gasp! But you were always acted so bauched! Are you turning into a hoodlum?

However, if you choose to continue your descent into depravity, I'd be awsome if you could come out. There will be much fun to be had by all and sundry. (which is impressive, since sundry is a bit of a fuddy-duddy.)

Kelly Pedersen said...

Nonsense. She's no hoodlum. She's a hooligan. Duh.
And sundry isn't really a fuddy-duddy, it's just a little repressed. Get some tequila into sundry, and, well, whoo-boy.

Kelly Pedersen said...

Hooligans! Hooligans!! Destroying the FABRIC OF OUR SOCIETY!!!!
[rolls about on the floor, frothing. Froth, froth]

Anonymous said...

Hey if I feed bees vodka and sugar would they make me alcholic honey? And if not then why do we let them continue existing?

Eric Pedersen said...

Well, huh. You'd quite possilby get alcholic honey (or drunk bees) however, there is a risk that in dyhydrating the honey, that all the alcohol would dry up.

I think this calls for a test!