This is to announce the likely plan for the Darwin Day festivities:
8:00 PM, Saturday, Feb 11
The Yard and Flagon.
As per usual, I'll likely be there early, so for any other annoyingly punctual people, don't fear showing up at 8:00. I'll try and stake out a decent-sized space. Feel free to dress up (although I'm told it's difficult to get finch costumes on short notice).
Thursday, February 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Caitlin and I wish you a happy Darwin Day in advance. We can't be there because our friend's getting married.
You shall be sorely missed. I'll endevour to drink a pint for ya.
Hope you feel better soon as well!
Happy Darwinmas everybody! Today is the day that St. Darwin of Beagle (the patron saint of evolution) goes around and give all the good little species presents... which is why if you look your window you will probably see a flying saber-toothed whale (I'm predicting saber-toothism will be a big thing this year), cause if I know anything it is that, that is how evolution works. One day your a member of the species Homo sapiens then bam you end up speciating yourself (like punctuated equilibrium only better; oh and by the way p.e. might only be an artificial theory do to unconformities in stratigraphy... Santa Claus (my clastics proff looks like Santa) was telling us about a location where they showed the entirety of the lower Cretaceous was represented by 18 months (tidal bedding) so of coarse you would not see gradualism) Well I forget what I was talking about earlier so I'm going to end this with:
"I have called this principle, by which each slight variation, if useful, is preserved, by the term Natural Selection."
-Charles Darwin
Indeed, a happy Darwin Day to all. It's a time to reflect, and get closer to one's family. (no, really. Protect your family. 2nd best way to spread your genes around.)
Post a Comment