Thursday, December 08, 2005

WebCT can kiss my shiny metal ass

You know, for a university with a high-quality comp-sci department, we sure do make a lot of painfully stupid decisions computers-wise. What monkey thought webCT was a good idea to purchase? Awkward interface, frames, bad link structure..... It's like an early 1992 flashback. I've seen Geocities pages with better design! If this is the wave of the future in education, I am horrendously disappointed.

Also, genetics class is unbelievably, painfully, extraordinarily dull to study for.

To relieve the generally high level of bitchiness of this post: Irritatingly Catchy Flash Animation!!!

4 comments:

Neddy said...

Yes, but can they lick your left testicle? I sympathize with your genetics studying - I'm currently learning how to perform statistical analysis on bioequivalency data. Please shoot me.

Ender said...

A "high-quality comp-sci department"? I haven't heard anything about that from anyone I know who's taking a degree from them.

Anonymous said...

Hmm now the question is does it have to be specifically the left testicle, or do they have the right one down already. And also what the hell does testicle licking have to do with anything?!?!? But yes I too am caught in that horrible studying thing; good old needing to know how to study the evolutionary traits of living animals (genetics + imaginary math!) and the history of life on earth from Hemichordates to Aves (barring stupid smelly mammals).

Eric Pedersen said...

Well, I thought I had heard somewhere that our comp-sci department was fairly highly ranked, at least for research. I could easily be wrong.

And the people who wrote webCT aren't coming anywhere near either of my testicles. They probably have horrible diseases.

Also: statistical anaylsis on anything is a pain in the ass.