Thursday, December 29, 2005

For the simple reason that making myself miserable is entertaining

Okay, because it seems to have become ubiquitous (how I love that word...) and because I hate compiling lists (especially of the top 10 kind) I'm going to try and put together a "top 10ish animals of 2005" this year. Only about 6 or so come to mind off the top of my head, so any cool ones you want mentioned, email me. (note: Shaw: no dead species! They lost, we won, therefore they aren't cool enough to make the list. Unless they happened to be named mega-death-raptor or some-such. That would be permissible.)

Interesting in this case can be anything. Neat colours, odd behaviour, some variety of squid, discovered to be proof of minor changes in gene frequency leading to large-scale morphological difference and speciation, whatever.


(note: Animals aren't really my biggest interest, but since this coming semester appears to be my animal year, and since "top 10 fungus, lichens, and mutualistic relationships" would bore the socks of most of my readers, I'm going with this.)

No comments: