Well, I normally don't talk about this stuff, but since I'm relatively sure that almost no one will read this....
I fell in love with biology at an early age, probably because of my dad. My parents are two of my biggest heroes. They encouraged us to think and debate. It was from them that I got my love of argument, but it was from dad that I got my love of nature. He knows damn near all there is to know about prairie plants, and he loves sharing this stuff. He could have made the most amazing professor.... But I digress.
Anyway, as I was saying, I fell in love with biology. Not because there's a fortune in it, or because I really like looking smart. Its, more than anything, because when you really understand what Darwin and Mendel are saying, you start to see a larger glimpse of the world. You start to see yourself, less as an isolate, but more as something vital, a part of a Mosaic, woven throughout everything. No one is born, or dies. We are simply the crests of waves moving unseen across the world. Its like watching a picture draw itself, through starts and fits, never perfected, but always more beautiful.
Well, that was entirely incomprehensible, but I guess I'll post it anyways.... Its not like I make a great deal of sense any other time......
"There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having being originally breathed into a few forms, or one."
- Charles Darwin
Wednesday, October 20, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't mind having another reader at all.... it'll bring my grand total to two. Welcome to my crazy little world.
Post a Comment