Sunday, October 24, 2004

2:48, lost and wandering

Why is it that the more friends I have, the further I feel from everyone? It feels sometimes like I've built a marble cast around myself, for people to view, without ever imagining that there was anything inside. It feels like every time I temper my thoughts to conform to what people want, another brick goes up. Maybe it's time for a change.


"The unexamined life is not worth living"
-Socrates

2 comments:

Eric Pedersen said...

Ya, I know, I'm wallowing in self-pity again... (its one of my bad habits). I appreciate the metaphorical kick in the ass. I'm glad I can always trust you to tell me when I'm being an idiot. It's about time I snapped out of this (paticularly stupid) funk. I'm dangerously close to starting to talk like Wes.... :) (as a side note: remember, if i ever become gothic,a mercy kill would be deeply appreciated.)

Eric Pedersen said...

Ha! how little you know, I already have a secret stash of poems on the darkness of dying stashed away in my safety deposit box. It will be my last dying strike at a world undeserving of my bitter, angst ridden, deeply meaningful yet poorly written verse.