Quality. Its a word we hear all the time. "that's a good movie. They really know how to write. The song was incredible."
Well, I'm fed up with it. Its time for the invisible minority (thanks Caitlin, this term is amazing) of low-quality producers to speak up. Ed Wood is our unsung hero, and every cheesy cover band a candidate for saint-hood. Where are the B-movie producers of our day? Where are the people writing 25 cent science fiction, with Buxom Ladies as cover art? Where are the small town bar bards with the knowledge of only 1 chord and a song portfolio exhorting their tractors?
So therefore, I declare today, October 27th, Anti-Quality Day. Go rent Enter the Ninja. Read something from Heinlein's later works, or some Chick tracts. Take the time to pat your b-movie film director on the back, and say " thanks for adding more suck to the world."
Now, when I say bad, I'm not meaning vulgar bad (although often low quality stuff is vulgar as well, as South Park so aptly demonstrates) or even artsy bad. While these are both valid forms of suckiness, they often end up being second-rate bad. They don't have the same dedication to the terrible, the same deep-rooted enjoyment of bad, that only the truly "B-caliber" works have.
So I say: Rise Up! Fight the establishment, and Damn the Man for saying every artist must make art! Don't take the high-brow mockings of your "superiors"! Remember, they still need us to make them look good!
Wednesday, October 27, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment