Sunday, October 15, 2006

Pictures and posting at last

Well, I have now got my hands on some of the pictures from the summer. So, as promised, Eric cross-dressing! All these photos are taken from the wedding of my and TJ's friends, Cindy and Geoff McBain. Shaw and I were bride's maids for the proceedings.


1st off: The action shot! It's the battle we all knew was going to take place as soon as TJ and I both got swords... I guess just one more example of the violence inherent in the system.

2nd: The noble guards relax before the festivities: (I'm not quite sure what that is sticking out of my sporan).




Picture the 3rd: The wedding party in full, in the gorgeous Prince Albert National Park:
There also appears to be a substantial number of photos of my butt in this collection. I take no responsibility for that, and will not torture all you gentle folks' eyes with.

Well, I hope this saits the majority of my loyal readerships desires for posting, at least for the time being. And now I return me to my regularlarly scheduled biology term paper. Cheers!

24 comments:

The Venomous Bee said...

SO.

You post ONCE A MONTH and you assume we'll be happy with that. Don't make me pull out the BIG GUNS, because I will.

And I'm not talking Stan Rogers ... I'm bringing out the Wainwrights. I'm talking Ian Tyson. I'm talking Gordon Lightfoot.

That said, I want to see more of the wedding pictures, because I like wedding pictures, and I didn't get to see Cindy's dress in those ones.

Poo.

Kelly Pedersen said...

I want Gordo! Yay, Gordon Lightfoot!
Incidently, that fight picture is cool. The form looks kinda-sorta-right. Well, maybe not for claymores. But for some kind of sword, anyway!
Also, it's "sate", not "sait". SAIT is in Alberta, which all decent thinking people loathe. (Should I add a smiley? Nah...)

Fionncara MacEoin said...

who posts wedding pictures without posting the wedding DRESS ?????

Eric Pedersen said...

Sorry about not posting the wedding dress... I'm still not sure I want to post it though. Cindy really doesn't like pictures being taken of her, and I don't know how she'd feel about pictures being posted on the web.

Anonymous said...

Ya, got to respect the bride.... and the bride’s friend’s organs! Besides who posts wedding photos without posting the grooms tux! Oh the humanity!

Kelly Pedersen said...

Let's be honest here: no one cares about the groom. He's darn lucky he doesn't get relegated to being tied up in a car trunk until the actual second he needs to say his lines.
Also, all tuxes are the same. You can pretend to have different tuxes, with different colored vests and whatnot, but they aren't really different.

Anonymous said...

See and that is what I said about the dress, you can make them have a longer or shorter vale, a train half a mile long, or even built completely out living caterpillars that spin the silk for you on your way down the isle… but in the end it is still the dress, that while costing enough to feed a large family of poor people for a year, you wear once, maybe twice, in your life... all in the drive to get a piece of paper that says I'm no longer going to do my evolutionary job of looking for the best mate cause I've picked this one.... just sad really (and yes I know we are K selected species but so are elephants and they still try to spread the old genes around).
-Tj

The Venomous Bee said...

tj ... you're so cynical.

But Cindy's so pretty! She must have looked gorgeous in the dress! But I respect if she doesn't want pix up.

First installation of threat:

If you could read my mind love
What a tale my thoughts could tell
Just like an old time movie
bout a ghost from a wishin well
In a castle dark or a fortress strong
With chains upon my feet
You know that ghost is me
And I will never be set free


And here's the real threat: Valdy. And I'll do it. I will.

And I'm steps away from April Wine, The Stampeders and Chilliwack.

Kelly Pedersen said...

Venomous B., I love you. Or, at least, I love your taste in music. I must find some way to steal it all. Muwahahaha!

If I could read your mind love,
what a tale your thoughts could tell.
Just like a paperback novel,
the kind the drugstore sells.
When you reach the part,
when the heartaches come,
the hero would be me.
Heroes often fail.
You won't read that book again,
because the ending's just too hard to take.

The Venomous Bee said...

Mwahahaha

When Cait and Brennan and I were in London, we were trying to get home from church late one Sunday evening, and the turnstiles in the tube weren't working, so they had this guy in there letting people through ... and he started singing Gordon Lightfoot to us when he found out we were Canadian. He had a lovely voice.

But moving on to more serious threats ...

Coulda been alright
Coulda been here tonight
Coulda been sweet as wine
Coulda been a lay-day!

They all need you
to make love to
when you awake
you'll find them on the bed
lying beside you
they all love you
you're a good girl
and you are surprised
when you realize
which way you're going to


Everybody now!

Coulda been alright
Coulda been here tonight
Coulda been sweet as wine
Coulda been a lay-day!


In harmony now!

Coulda been alright
Coulda been here tonight
Coulda been sweet as wine
Coulda been a lay-day!

Kelly Pedersen said...

I'll see your April Wine, and raise you a Chilliwack.
Gone gone gone, she been gone so long.
She been gone gone gone so long.
Gone gone gone, she been gone so long.
She been gone gone gone so long.
Gone gone gone, she been gone so long.
She been gone gone gone so long.

Gone gone gone, she been gone so long
Well I wonder if I ever going to see my girl
Gone gone gone, she been gone so long
Well I wonder if I ever going to see my girl

Ever since she left me,
I sure feel all alone.
A little misunderstanding,
I can't get her on the telephone.
Hanging down on Main Street,
living in a different world.
Standing around with the gang on the corner,
talkin' about my girl.

My girl, she was the world to me.
She's gone, away across the sea.
My girl is just a memory.
She's been so long away.

The Venomous Bee said...

Oooh! But can you handle THE LIGHTHOUSE?


One fine morning, girl, I'll wake up
Wipe the sleep from my eyes
Go outside and feel the sunshine
Then I know I'll realize
That as long as you love me, girl, we'll fly

And on that mornin' when I wake up
I'll see your face inside a cloud
See your smile inside a window
Hear your voice inside a crowd
Calling, "Come with me baby and we'll fly"

Yeah, we'll fly-y-y, yeah, we'll fly
We'll fly-y-y, yeah, we'll fly

And on that mornin' when I wake up
We'll go outside and live our dreams
I'll buy you candies made of stardust
And little dolls dressed up in moonbeams
And everywhere we go we'll laugh and sing
I'll kiss you morning, noon and night
And all the universe will smile on us
'Cause they know that our love is finally right

Yeah, we'll fly-y-y, yeah, we'll fly
We'll fly-y-y, yeah, we'll fly

Yeah, we'll fly to the east, we'll fly to the west
There'll be no place we can't call our own
Yeah, we'll fly to the north, we'll fly to the south
Every planet will become our home

Kelly Pedersen said...

Hah! You think you can scare me!? Let's see you handle Trooper!

A very good friend of mine,
told me something the other day.
I'd like to pass it on to you,
because I believe what he said to be true.

He said "we're here for a good time,
not a long time.
So have a good time,
the sun can't shine everday."

And the sun is shining
In this rainy city
And the sun is shinin'
Oooooh, isn't it a pity
And every year, has its share of tears
And every now and then it's gotta rain

We're here for a good time
Not a long time
So have a good time
The sun can't shine every day

And the sun is shinin'
In this rainy city
And the sun is shinin'
Oooooh, isn't it a pity
That every year, has its share of tears
Every now and then it's gotta rain

We're here for a good time
Not a long time
So have a good time
The sun can't shine every day


(Things I learned while looking up the lyrics: Trooper doesn't know that the possessive "its" doesn't take an apostrophe. Damn this creeping illiteracy.)

Anonymous said...

If you can't beat them join them... and now for some real nerd factor.
A little song by the "Timelords" called Doctorin The Tardis

Doctor who-oh, doctor who
Doctor who-oh, the tardis
Doctor who-oh, doctor who
Doctor who doc, doctor who
Doctor who doc, doctor who

(Exterminate)

Doctor who-oh, doctor who
Doctor who-oh, the tardis
Doctor who-oh, doctor who
Doctor who doc, doctor who
Doctor who doc, doctor who

(Take that) You what
(Take that) You what
You what, You what, You what
(Exterminate)

We will take over
We are superior beings

Doctor who-oh, doctor who
Doctor who-oh, the tardis
Doctor who-oh, doctor who
Doctor who doc, doctor who
Doctor who doc, doctor who

(Take that) You what
(Take that) You what
You what, You what, You what

Doctor who-oh, doctor who
Doctor who-oh, the tardis
Doctor who-oh, doctor who
Doctor who doc, doctor who
Doctor who doc, doctor who

Doctor who-oh, doctor who
Doctor who-oh, the tardis
Doctor who-oh, doctor who
Doctor who doc, doctor who
Doctor who doc, doctor who

Kelly Pedersen said...

You think you've got nerd songs? Let me show you nerd songs, sister!

Along a road in Hardorn,
the place called Stony Tor,
a fearful band of farmers
flees Karsite border war.
A frightened band of farmers,
their childern and their wives,
seek refuge from a tyrant
who wants more than just their lives.

Now up rides Herald Vanyel:
"Why then such haste?" says he.
"Now who is it pursuing?
Who's anger do you flee?
You are all of Hardorn,
why seek you Valdemar?
Is Festil no protection,
or bide all his men too far?"

"Oh Vanyel, Herald Vanyel,
we flee now for our lives.
Lord Nedren would inslave us,
our children and our wives.
He'd give our souls to demons,
our bodies to his men.
King Festil has not heeded,
or he happens not to ken."

Now up speaks Herald Vanyel:
"The border is not far;
but you are all of Hardorn,
and not of Valdemar.
You are not Randale's people,
can call not on his throne.
But damned if I will see you
left so helpless on your own!"

So forth goes Herald Vanyel,
and onwards does he ride.
On Stoney Tor he waits then,
Yfandes at his side.
With Nedren's men approaching,
he calls out from on high:
"You shall not pass, Lord Nedren,
nay, I shall not let you by!"

Now only Herald Vanyel,
stands blocking Nedren's way.
"Now who are you, fool nothing,
who dares to tell me nay?"
Now up speaks Herald Vanyel,
his voice like brittle glass:
"The Herald-Mage called Vanyel,
and 'tis I you shall not pass!"

Now there stands great Lord Nedren,
behind him forty men,
with a wizard there beside him,
he pales and speaks again:
"So you are Herald Vanyel,
this place is not your land.
So heed me, Herald Vanyel,
and turn aside your hand."

"Let be; I'll give you silver,
and I shall give you gold.
And I shall give you jewels fair,
that sparkle bright and bold.
And I shall give you pearls,
all treasures of the sea,
if you will step aside here,
leaving these poor fools to me!"

"What need have I of silver,
with sweet Yfandes here?
And all the gold I cherish
is sunlight bright and clear.
The only jewel I treasure's
a bright and shining star.
And I protect all helpless,
not just those of Valdemar!"

"Now I shall give you beauty,
women slaves and men.
And I shall give you power
you'll never see again.
And I shall give you mansions,
and I shall give you land,
if you will turn aside this day,
aside and hold your hand!"

"Now beauty held in bondage,
is beauty that is lost.
And land and mansions blood-bought,
come too high at the cost.
The power I have already,
all power is a jade!
So turn you back, Lord Nedren,
if of me you are afraid!"

Lord Nedren backs his stallion,
the wizard he comes nigh.
"Prepare yourself, bold Vanyel,
for you shall surely die!"
The wizard calls his demons,
the demons he commands,
and Vanyel, Herald Vanyel,
only raises empty hands.

The wizard calls his demons,
the sky above turns back.
The demons strike at Vanyel,
he stands and holds them back.
The demons strike at Vanyel,
they strike and hurt him sore;
but Vanyel stands defiantly
to raise his hands once more!

The sky itself descends now,
upon bare Stoney Tor.
It hides the aweful battle,
the watchers see no more.
The wizard shouts in triumph,
too soon he vents his mirth;
for Vanyel calls the lightning down,
and smites him to the earth!

The clouds of black have lifted,
and there on barren ground,
stands Vanyel hurt, yet victor,
the demons tied and bound.
He looks down on Lord Nedren,
his eyes go cold and bleak:
"Now, I shall give you, Nedren,
all the power that you seek!"

Now Vanyel frees the demons,
and Nedren screams with fear.
He sets them on the Karsites,
who first had brought them here.
He sets them on the Karsites,
and on the Karsite land.
They look down on Lord Nedren,
and they do not stay their hand.

Now Vanyel calls the farmers:
"Go tell you near and far,
how thus are served the tyrants
who would take Valdemar!
I am the bane of demons,
their quarry I defend!
Thus Heralds serve a foeman,
and thus Heralds save a friend!"

Anonymous said...


I've got time to think about the meaning of the thousand variations of the beating of a wing of a hummingbird suspended in the aspic of the world moving slower than molasses as I'm off to catch the girl who is falling off the cliff
and I'm there before she knows it
I'll be gone before she sees me
with my hand around her waist
I pull her back to safety
by the time she knows what's happened
there'll be someone else who needs me
because time keeps dragging on
and on
and on
and on
(time keeps dragging on)
I've got time to think about my past as I dodge between the bullets how my life was so exciting before I got this way and how long ago it was now I never can explain by the clock that's on the tower or the one that's in my brain
and I'm there before you know it
I'll be gone before you see me
and I'd like to get to know you
but you're talking much too slowly
and I know you'd really like me
but I never stick around
because time keeps dragging on
and on
and on
and on
and on
And you say the world goes rushing by
but it seems so slow to me
and you see a blur around you fly
but it takes too long
it seems so slow to me
(time keeps dragging on)
How I wish I'd never gone into my lab to experiment that night before lightning flashed around me
and time changed speed
now I have to try to be so patient and wait for calamity to strike
because when things change in an instant
it's almost fast enough for me
and I'll be there before you know it
I'll be gone before you see me
and do you think you can imagine
anything so lonely
and I know you'd really like me
but I never stick around
because time keeps dragging on
and on
and on
and on
and on
And you say the world goes rushing by
but it seems so slow to me
complain I'm gone before you blink your eye
but it takes too long
it seems so slow
And you say the world goes rushing by
but it seems so slow to me
and I want to be there while you laugh or cry
but it takes too long
it seems so slow to me
(time keeps dragging on)
and on
and on


There a song about the silver age Flash

The Venomous Bee said...

I think I hold the title for biggest geek. *Ahem*

I was stranded on a planet, Just me and Spock
Ee met a nasty nazi alien who locked our asses up
We found a hunk of crystal and a metal piece of bed
We made a laser phaser gun and shot him in the head

Bust a move, Tog

I was standing on the bridge when Sulu came to me
His eyes were full of tears he said "Captain, can't you see
the ship is gonna blow do something I beseech"
I grabbed a tribble and some chewing gum and stopped the warp core breach

And I say,
Bounce a graviton particle beam off the main deflector dish
Thats the way we do things, lad, we're making shit up as we wish
The Klingons and the Romulans pose no threat to us
'Cause if we find we're in a bind we just make some shit up

And though he's just a child, and some think him a twit
Wesley is the master when it comes to making up some shit
He's the guy you want with you when you go out in space
Now if only he could beam those pimples off his face

And if you're at a party on the starship Enterprise
And the karaoke player just plain old up and dies
Set up a neutrino field inside a can of peas
Hold on to Geordi's visor and sing into Data's knee

And I say
Bounce a graviton particle beam off the main deflector dish
Thats the way we do things lad, we're making shit up as we wish
The Klingons and the Romulans pose no threat to us
'Cause if we find we're in a bind we just make some shit up

Sisko's on a mission to go no bloody place
He loiters on a space station above Bajoran space
The wormhole's opened up and now they come from near and far
We'll keep the booze but please send back the fucking Jem-hadar

What is with the Klingons, remember in the day
They looked like Puerto Ricans and they dressed in gold lame
Now they look like heavy metal rockers from the dead
With leather pants and frizzy hair and lobsters on their heads

And I say
Bounce a graviton particle beam off the main deflector dish
Thats the way we do things lad, we're making shit up as we wish
The Klingons and the Romulans pose no threat to us
'Cause if we find we're in a bind we just make some shit up

Well, I was stuck on Voyager, pounding on the door
When suddently it dawned on me I've seen this show before
Perhaps I'm in a warp bubble and slightly out of phase
'Cause it was way back in the sixties when they called it "Lost in Space"

We were looking for a way to make the ratings soar
So we orchestrated an encounter with the Borg
Normally you'd think that that would get us into shit
But this one has a smashing ass and a lovely set of tits

And I say
Bounce a graviton particle beam off the main deflector dish
Thats the way we do things lad, we're making shit up as we wish
The Klingons and the Romulans pose no threat to us
'Cause if we find we're in a bind we're totally screwed but nevermind
We'll pull something out of our behinds, we just make some shit up


But I must point out, that we have strayed from the Canadian, here. I don't know how big a threat any of this is to Eric.

Anonymous said...

We interrupt this pathetic nerd-a-thon to bring you a story about bees:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/29/AR2006102900708.html

Anonymous said...

Or what, you'll release the dogs... or the bees... or the dogs with bees in their mouths so when they bark they shoot bees?

Sarah the Hutt said...

wow i am so lost

The Venomous Bee said...

You know, you've missed the once a month deadline. *tsk tsk*

The Venomous Bee said...

Horrible last-ditch Swambo effort to get SOMEONE to pay attention ...

I remember setting out just to see what I could see
Streetcars rolling by and airplanes flying high they all meant nothing to me
No one ever looked my way or knew that I was there
I kept walking and the rain kept raining
Until all the streets were bare

Ooh ooh feeling fine mama
Painted ladies and a bottle of wine mama
Ooh ooh Feeling good mama
They took my money like I knew they would

City lights were shining on me through my window pane
I kept thinking 'bout the day when I'd be home again
Rocking chairs and summer fairs and swimming in the sea
I kept drinkin', sinkin' 'till there was nothing left of me

Ooh ooh feeling fine mama
Painted ladies and a bottle of wine mama
Ooh ooh feeling good mama
They took my money like I knew they would

The Venomous Bee said...

Am I the only one in the world who cares about this blog anymore?

Anonymous said...

Basically, personally I was never a fan of blogs... and as a science student I can only sympathize with how much work Eric probably has (even just with his science classes let alone that economics crap he is doing), so if a blog is not is top priority that makes sense