Well, much to my dismay, I now have added more blogs to my list. Here's a couple I thought I'd share:
1st: Pharyngula: A fascinating page, primarily focused on evolutionary biology. Fun stuff, even if most of it's fairly specialized. Recently, he's posted some wonderful threads on why Scott Adams (of Dilbert fame) is a git.
2nd: Bitch PhD: Intelligent, interesting discourse on feminism, child-rearing, liberalism, and knitted DNA. Reading this one just made my day. (and eventually, I hope I'll learn how to spell discourse without relying on the spell checker. I'm surprised the EU hasn't declared me anathema.)
Also enjoyable: http://www.warninglabelgenerator.com/ If I ever take the time to figure out how to post images, I'll put up some of the ones I've made so far.
Monday, November 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
in line with the theme I give you http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/comics.php
it is kind of intriguing. Now if you excuse me I have to have a shower and head off to school (going on my first <24hr day in quiet a while so it should be fun!) oh and remind me to tell you about the joys of toast wars next time I talk to you.
-Tj
So ... the knitted DNA means, to me, that you need to take up knitting. I believe you are the only person who comes for tea who can't knit. :o)
:) From what I've done of it, it does seem like a fun occupation. I don't know if I'll ever manage the skill to make one of those DNA strands though.
(oh, and Shaw: damn you for sending me that comic! I've now finally finished reading the archives, and I suppose I'll have to add it to my list of comics to actually read regularly.)
Post a Comment